Read more Infrastructure articles|
Capitol Update, Feb. 6, 2009
Staff for the State Water Quality Control Board (SWQCB) will hold a meeting in conjunction with their Water Quality Improvement Initiative with select members of the business community, including CMTA, on March 9th . This is the first of two follow up meetings to discussions held late last year concerning the potential changes to the membership, responsibilities and operations of regional water quality control boards.
The purpose of the meeting in March will be to get specific ideas on ways to make improvements in the following areas:
• Total Maximum Daily Loading (TMDLs)/Basin Planning,Please forward any ideas for improvements in this regard, to CMTA’s environmental lobbyist, Mike Rogge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) delegation to Executive Officers,
• Mandatory Minimum Penalties (MMPs),
• Conflict of Interest, and
• Full time Chairs/Council of Chairs.
Link to the SWQCB’s Water Quality Improvement Initiative: http://www.swrcb.ca.gov/press_room/press_releases/2008/6_legislative_language.pdf
Capitol updates archive